The Department of Health appointed Telstra Health to develop and operate a new NCSR to support the expansion of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program and the renewed National Cervical Screening Program.
Find out more about the NCSR
The NCSR holds personal information, including:
- your name, contact details, age and gender
- your Medicare number
- your screening test results
- details for your health professionals
- details of any further tests you may have, such as colonoscopy and histopathology.
Your personal details will be used to:
- remind you to complete your screening test
- help you to receive appropriate follow-up and access to health services in accordance with clinical guidelines
- send reminders to you and your nominated doctor
- contact medical service providers to request relevant reports be submitted to the National Cancer Screening Register
- check Medicare and Department of Veterans’ Affairs claims for bowel examinations if required
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the Program and its impact on the incidence of bowel cancer.