A print friendly PDF version is available from this Communicable Diseases Intelligence issue's table of contents.
During the three month period of the Campaign, the uptake of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine given at primary school clinics and the number of adverse events following MMR vaccination are being monitored. Data are forwarded to the National Centre for Disease Control for collation and publication in CDI.
Measles Control Campaign activity data, cumulative to 25 September 1998
- Sum total students 661,194
- Total forms returned 612,989
- Consents to vaccinate 519,068
- Total students immunised 487,174
- Of total students 93% returned their forms
- Of total forms returned 85% consented to vaccination
- Of total consents to 94% have been vaccinated
- Of total students 74% have been vaccinated.
- Faints/syncopy 14
- Syncopal fits 10
- Hyperventilation 3
- Anaphylaxis 3
- Rash 2
- Local allergic reaction 1
- Local reaction 1
- Arthropathy 1
- Fever 1
- Myalgia 1
- Lymphadenapathy/ 1 headache/stiff neck/rash
This article was published in Communicable Diseases Intelligence Volume 22, No 10, 1 October 1998.