Anti-match-fixing policy template
- Headings used in this Policy are for convenience only and shall not be deemed part of the substance of this Policy or to affect in any way the language of the provisions to which they prefer.
- Words in the singular include the plural and vice versa.
- Reference to ‘including’ and similar words are not words of limitation.
- Words importing a gender include any other gender.
- A reference to a clause is a reference to a clause or subclause of this Policy.
- Where a word or phrase is given a particular meaning, other parts of speech and grammatical forms of that word or phrase have corresponding meanings.
- In the event any provision of this Policy is determined invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall not be affected. This Policy shall not fail because any part of this Policy is held invalid.
- Except as otherwise stated herein, failure to exercise or enforce any right conferred by this Policy shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof or of any other right on any other occasion.
9.2 DefinitionsIn this Policy unless the context requires otherwise these words mean:
- Alleged Offender means a person accused of engaging in Prohibited Conduct under this Policy, prior to a determination by the Hearing Panel.
- Athlete means any person identified within the Sport’s athlete framework (Annexure A) as amended and updated from time to time.
- Authorised Providers means the Sport‘s Member Organisations, Affiliates, or other organisations from time to time that conduct Events (for example the Australian Commonwealth Games Association or a private event management company operating an Event on behalf of the Sport).
- Betting Operator means any company or other undertaking that promotes, brokers, arranges or conducts any form of Betting activity in relation to the Sport
- Coaches means any person described in the Sport’s coach framework (Annexure B) as amended and updated from time to time.
- Competition means a <insert sport> contest, event or activity measuring performance against an opponent, oneself or the environment either once off or as part of a series.
- Event means a one off Competition, or series of individual Competitions conducted by the Sport or an Authorised Provider (for example International Test Matches, National Championships, or domestic leagues)
- Hearing Panel means the Panel appointed by the Board to hear and determine allegations of Prohibited Conduct.
- Inside Information means any information relating to any Competition or Event that a Relevant Person possesses by virtue of his or position within the Sport. Such information includes, but is not limited to, factual information regarding the competitors in the Competition or Event, tactical considerations or any other aspect of the Competition or Event but does not include such information that is already published or a matter of public record, readily acquired by an interested member of the public, or disclosed according to the rules and regulations governing the relevant Competition or Event.
- Member Organisations means those entities recognised by the Sport’s constitution as its member organisations.
- National Policy on Match-Fixing in Sport means the Policy endorsed, on 10 June 2011, by all Australian sports ministers on behalf of their governments, with the aim of protecting the integrity of Australian sport.
- Official means any person identified within the Sport’s Officials Accreditation Framework (Annexure C) as amended and updated from time to time.
- The Sport means <insert name of national sporting organisation> Limited/Inc <delete as appropriate>.
- <insert sport> means the Sport and game of <insert name of sport> as determined by the Sport and the International Association with such variations as may be recognised from time to time.
- Policy means the Sport’s National Policy on Match-Fixing as amended from time to time.
- Prohibited Conduct means conduct in breach of clause 3 of this Policy.
- Relevant Person means any of the persons identified in clause 2.2, or any other person involved in the organisation administration or promotion of <insert sport>, whose involvement in Gambling would bring <insert sport> into disrepute.
- Team means a collection of Athletes and includes a national representative team, National Institute Network Teams, including the Australian Institute of Sport and State/Territory Institutes/Academies’ of Sport or Member Organisation team that competes in Competitions or Events.