In 2020, the following payments for Program forms will conclude:
- $14.30 (GST inclusive) for each Colonoscopy Report or Histopathology Report; and
- $7.70 (GST inclusive ) for each GP Assessment Form or Adverse Outcomes Report.
These information payments are made for each correctly completed form that provides information to the National Bowel Cancer Screening Register (the National Register) about the progress of a program participant through the screening pathway following a positive iFOBT result.
The conclusion of these payments will follow:
- the November 2019 transition of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Register to the National Register and
- the introduction of new register functionality, scheduled for release from March 2020.
New register functions include:
- a Healthcare Provider Portal, and
- clinical management software integration through selected software providers.
The new functions will:
- enable easier and faster administrative processes for submitting program participant progress details to the National Register, and
- remove the need for healthcare providers and specialists to submit paper based Program forms.
Processing of payments from November 2019
Under previous arrangements, form payments were administered by the Department of Human Services (DHS) through the National Bowel Cancer Screening Register. From December 2019 the DHS payment capability will not be available. Alternative arrangements are being put in place to continue these payments until the Healthcare Provider Portal and other electronic means of submission are made available. The Department of Health expects to make a once off lump sum payment to healthcare providers who continue to submit Program forms from November 2019, until the introduction of the Healthcare Provider Portal and software integration.
More detailed information about the administrative arrangements will be provided to relevant healthcare providers shortly.
From 1 November 2019, Program forms submitted via the internet, fax and mail will automatically be diverted to the National Register.
The Payment Account Details for Service Provider Form (PDF 185 KB) will continue to be accepted as usual.