The program register holds personal information, including:
- your name, contact details, age and gender
- your Medicare number
- your screening test results
- details for your health professionals
- details of any further tests you may have, such as colonoscopy and histopathology.
Your personal details will be used to:
- remind you to complete your screening test
- help you to receive appropriate follow up and access to health services in accordance with clinical guidelines
- send reminders to you and your nominated doctor
- contact medical service providers to request relevant reports be submitted to the Program Register
- check Medicare and Department of Veterans’ Affairs claims for bowel examinations if required
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the program and its impact on the incidence of bowel cancer.
Your personal information and test results kept on the Program Register are protected by the Privacy Act 1988 and your details will be handled in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out within that Act.