The National Bowel Cancer Screening Program uses the address recorded on your Medicare record to send you a home test kit and letters. You can update your Medicare address by:
- using the Department of Human Services' Online Services page
- calling the Department of Human Services on 132 011
- visiting your local Service Centre
- sending a signed request to update your Medicare address to the Department of Human Services, GPO Box 9822 in your capital city (a form is not required). Please include your:
- Medicare number
- first name and surname
- previous address registered with Medicare
- date of birth.
You can also update your address by calling the Contact Centre on 1800 627 701.
Shared Medicare CardsUpdating a Medicare card address will update the address for all persons on the card. If you share a Medicare card with another person and update your Medicare address, then the other person’s address will also be updated.
Where the address change does not apply to all persons on the card, then the person requesting the change should transfer off the existing card and onto a card of their own.
You can go to any Department of Human Services Service Centre to change the address on your current Medicare card back to the previous address and lodge the form requesting to go onto a new Medicare card of your own.
If you have any further enquiries please call the Program Contact Centre on 1800 118 868.